Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week 37 in Review

The Score
Eaters - 3     Compost - 3     Carry Over - 4

As expected, not a banner week for the box.  Honestly, I only really got one recipe made, though I did use up a few other items via juicing.  But, that's what you get when you have two nighttime holiday parties followed by three and a half days of work travel.  You win some, you lose some.  This week, sadly, we lost a bit of our box to the compost pile. 

The Best (and only...)
  • The kale and onion tacos were delicious, and perhaps were the most healthy thing that I ate all week.  I put the delicious recipe on top of some refried beans, and went back in for seconds.

Since I don't have much to share in terms of recipe results for this week, I figured it might be fun to share a photo of the wonderful garden that I've been working on at my sons' school.  More than 600 students participated in fall plantings, and eveyrthing - lettuce, carrots, broccoli, chard, radishes, onions, garlic and cabbage - has been growing like crazy.  Over the holidays, those radishes that haven't yet been consumed by the students will be harvested and replanted, and some lettuce will be harvested as well.  Looking forward to the official harvest celebration with the kids in late February/early March!


No comments:

Post a Comment