Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 37 - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year, but this year it seems busier than ever.  With two holiday parties to attend, and three and a half days of work travel this week, I have no idea if we're going to be able to use much of the box at all.  By the time I figured that out, though, it was too late to reschedule the week's box, so we're trying to make the best of it.  I traded a few harder-to-use-up items (swiss chard, eggplants) for the delicious strawberries that the farm has had available at their market stand, as strawberries (and generally any fruit) will always get eaten!  Quite a few items (lemons, carrots, beets and spaghetti squash) will make it until after I get back from my work trip, so I really just need to try to figure out a way to incorporate a few ingredients into a couple of meals. Following an overly ambitious week, this is going to be a pretty dull week in our kitchen.  Hopefully, next week's mad dash to use up what didn't get consumed this week will make up for it!

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, kale, spinach, cilantro
(bottom) beets, carrots, spaghetti squash, apples, lemons, strawberries

Meals/recipes for the week
Ideas for after my work trip
When all else fails, try a muffin, right?  Here's to everyone enjoying this next week, including me!  The holidays are right around the corner...
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Andy Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment