Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week 38 - House

For the first time since my boys were born - eight years - my family and I will be staying home over the holidays.  We live fairly far away from both of our families, and have always traveled to share the holidays with one side of the family or the other.  This year, for a whole variety of reasons, we're staying put and having a few family members come and visit.  After an insanely busy late summer and fall, I couldn't be more happy to just stay home.  Lots of time for family, and cooking, and our own family traditions that blend so many wonderful traditions from both sides.  Perhaps I'm a little nostalgic after my work week away, but this year I'm looking forward to being home for the holidays. 

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, dill
(bottom) beets, spaghetti squash, eggplant, strawberry beans, carrots, apples, tangerines

Meals/recipes for the week
Two more days of work for me and two more days of school for the boys, then we are all off for two weeks!  I've got this week's box and one on Christmas eve to keep me busy during that time (then a bit of a forced break at new year's because of the farmer's market taking a day off).  I'm so excited to try the Strawberry Beans, and am ready to make up for last week's time away from the kitchen.  Very happy to be in this house again!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Ben Folds Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment