Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 17 - Vacation!

So, truth be told, I'm not going on vacation.  We did have a night away this past weekend, but it was more obligation than getaway, and it was over 100 degrees at our destination so it wasn't very relaxing.  I have travel this week as well, but it's three days on the East coast for work, so that doesn't count as vacation either.  In the middle of all of that, there is summer camp and swimming lessons, and all of the other fun and chaotic stuff that happens over the summer with the kids out of school.  So, this week, I'm taking a vacation from the meal plan.  Given that I'm just getting around to writing this and it's already Monday night, I can say that we've already used up quite a bit of the box already.  Even if I did write up a plan, with swimming lessons every night from 6-6:30, there's a good chance that nothing I planned would get made anyway.  I did have a bit of a chance to 'play' with some of the ingredients over the past few days, and even created my first real recipe since starting this whole process.  Since that creation is in the oven right now, I'll wait until this week's report out to let you know what I tried and whether it's worth passing along the recipe.  And, since this is real life, I will also plan to let you know what we did and didn't eat up given the craziness ahead.

In the box this week
 
(top) lettuce, broccoli, tatsoi
(bottom) cucumbers, onions, zucchini, avocados, ruby grapefruits, blackberries, strawberries

Can you guess what ingredient I'm planning to experiment with in the coming week?

P.S. If this is your first time at Year in a Box, read this to learn more about what our family is up to! 
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by the Go-Go's.


No comments:

Post a Comment