- The only unfortunate thing about this week's winner is that the bacon wasn't the stuff that my husband is currently working on (curing a piece of pork belly from our meat CSA). Who knew a BLC (bacon, Lettuce, Cucumber) was so fantastic? The spiced, minted mayo (with Green Garlic) put it over the top, and was a huge hit with the entire family.
- The Lemon Basil chicken salad made for some delicious holiday weekend sandwiches, accompanied by some warm homemade baguettes
- The strawberry jam was simple, but has been quite a treat. As I was making it, I kept thinking that we'd have a year's worth (a baker's dozen half-pints), but at the rate we're going through it, I'm not so sure.
- The Orange and Beet salad was both beautiful (using the dark red leaf Lettuce) and tasty. Next time I'd add a little blue cheese for both color and flavor.
- Forgot to take photos of the Lemonade and the hot Spinach artichoke dip, but both we're huge hits with dinner guests over the holiday weekend (and the latter was so tasty using fresh, vs. frozen, spinach).
- This spaghetti recipe got a big thumbs down from both of the boys. It got a 'Mom - I really like kale, but the Swiss Chard just makes everything taste weird in this.' Unfortunately, I sort of agreed with his review.