Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 15 - Nice and Easy

This week, the craziness continues.  Though I'm finally recovered from a few rough days with the flu, I only have a couple of days at home until I leave for a conference which will take me away for three days.  My husband's work schedule has been pretty demanding of late, so he's not going to be able to pick up any meals while I'm away.  So, it's all about keeping things nice and easy this week; a recipe recently recommended by a friend, a trusted recipe that I know will get eaten up, and so on.

In the box this week
(top) arugula, lettuce, swiss chard, basil
(bottom) radishes, green garlic, sweet onions, zucchini, blood oranges, blackberries, strawberries
(extra purchases) tomato, figs

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: sweet crepes with fresh Blackberry syrup for breakfast; steaks and Arugula, apple and Radish salad for dinner
Other preparations: Zucchini bread to be used as snacks for the week; fresh Basil, Green Garlic pesto which will go straight into the freezer (omitting the cheese) for use at another time

We may not get through everything, but hopefully with a bit of extra cooking on Sunday, we'll get through quite a bit.  On that note, better get things going in the kitchen!
This week's title is inspired by the song Ballad of Nice & Easy by Gomez.

2 comments:

  1. I think we will use up our zucchini in some bread as well, that Paula Deen recipe seems popular but 3 CUPS of sugar! that's almost as much sugar as there is flour in it! I'm going to try another recipe. Thanks for the ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megancake -

    I know... I've experimented with a lot of different zucchini bread recipes, and this one tends to be a favorite with my kids (through I usually cut 1 cup of the sugar and double the zucchini). There are definitely healthier versions that I've tried that you might want to check out - see Weeks 7 & 13. One of these days I will experiment and get to my own recipe!

    ReplyDelete