Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 11 - Keep On Moving

There are weeks where this seems really thrilling, and weeks where I feel like I gotta keep on going because this is a commitment that I've made. In order to try and keep things exciting this week, I'm giving myself a challenge within a challenge, and that is going to be to use up all the lettuce. With a couple of heads left over from last week's box along with two large ones this week, I need to find some new recipes that break up that sense of having another boring old salad. Fortunately, I've got some great citrus in the box this week that I hope will 'zest' things up!

In the box this week
 (top) Lettuce, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Basil
(bottom) Cucumbers, Beets, Green Garlic, Lemons, Blood Oranges, Strawberries

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: Lemon Basil chicken salad sandwiches on homemade bread, Orange Cucumber Lettuce salad
Memorial Day: Steaks with Orange and Beet salad, hot Spinach artichoke dip, fresh Lemonade
Tuesday: Whole wheat spaghetti with Swiss Chard and pecorino (substituting Green Garlic for the regular garlic)
Wednesday: BLCs (bacon Lettuce Cucumber sandwiches) with spicy mayo
Thursday: Breakfast for dinner with waffles and homemade Strawberry jam

With lots of sandwiches and salads on the menu, this definitely feels like summer eating. Now, if only the weather would oblige...

P.S. If this is your first time at Year in a Box, read this to learn more about what our family is up to! 
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Soul II Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment