Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 13 - Above the Clouds

June gloom is definitely upon us in southern California... long, grey days with misty marine layers that burn off very late in the day.  Not that we've had much sun yet anyway, as my barely-growing garden will attest.  I'm off to the other coast for a few days for work, though, where I hope I will see a bit of sun to go along with the thunderstorms that are expected.  The crazy thing is that I'm leaving on Monday literally an hour after my husband is supposed to arrive back in town from his family-related east coast trip.  Between his travels and my travels and a week plus of sole parenthood between the two of us, I'm not expecting this to be banner week for the project.  I'm making a couple of meals before I go, and hoping he can make time mid-week to get a couple of things made while I'm away.  So, while I am planning a few meals that make sense to me, I'm also prepared to expected the unexpected while I'm away.

In the box this week
(top) arugula, lettuce, cilantro
(bottom) green beans, turnips, summer squash, sweet onions, carrots, pickling cucumbers, cucumbers, navel oranges, blackberries, strawberries

Meal plan for the week
Weekend fun: Summer berry crisp (with Blackberries and Strawberries) for get together with friends
Wednesday: Daddy's choice, with a side of Green Bean bacon bundles

Realized that - as of this week - we're a quarter way through our year in the box.  I can't really imagine NOT eating like this, though I can imagine not documenting it all.  I shouldn't get ahead of myself though... there's still a long way to go, and a lot of eating to be done.

P.S. If this is your first time at Year in a Box, read this to learn more about what our family is up to! 
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Paul Weller.

No comments:

Post a Comment