Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 8 - Climbing Up the Walls

Yesterday, that's about where I was with this whole 'elimination diet' thing.  Although I made a good week and a half out of it, I knew I had another week's planning ahead of me, and I wasn't feeling super excited about the foods on my 'ok to eat' list.  Luckily for me, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday - and based on my food diary and conclusions that this approach to food wasn't really telling us anything useful, we collectively made the decision to go back to my regular eating habits.  Hooray!  I probably broke every rule in the book by running right out for a piece of NY-style pepperoni pizza, but I hadn't had any pizza in months, and I had been craving it like crazy.  So now, back on solid ground, I'm ready to take on this week's meal plan... here goes!

In the box this week
(top) Lettuce, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Zucchini, Marjoram
(bottom) Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Summer Squash, Apples, Blood Oranges, Strawberries

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: Pizzas on the grill, one featuring Summer Sqaush, Zucchini and ricotta cheese; Apple Strawberry Crisp (substituting Apples for peaches, Strawberries for raspberries, and Blood Orange for orange)
Monday: Pasta with Sugar Snap Peas, asparagus and parmesan
Tuesday: Pot roast with Carrots and potatoes
Wednesday: Provencal Zucchini and Swiss Chard tart
Thursday: Mini chicken pot pies with bacon, Carrots and Marjoram

Lots of cooking planned for this week (including lots of oven time).  Hopefully I'm not being overly ambitious, I think I'm just very excited to have all options back on the table, but this is a lot of cooking.  I guess we'll see next week how much of this we'll get made.  Until then, bon appetit!
This week's title is inspired by the Radiohead song of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment