Eaters - 12 Compost - 1 Carry Over - 1
Getting back to full eating capacity this week meant that we did a much better job tackling the box (and previous week's carry over). We ate a lot of great meals with a lot of delicious vegetables (and one amazing pie!), but most of the fennel tops hit the compost since they were able only to make a minor appearance in our lives this week. One head of lettuce didn't get eaten but is still in great shape and will carry over into our next week of meals.
- The halibut over tatsoi was once again devoured by all. A few tweaks to the sauce (less sugar, more jalapenos) made it even more delicious than the last time.
- My husband made his favorite pie - strawberry-rhubarb - and adorned it with the logo of his favorite team - the Red Sox!
- The grilled chicken with braised greens and polenta was gorgeous. I was out that evening, so sadly I didn't get to try it. According to the boys, the greens were good, but they weren't too excited about the firm polenta.
- The leek and swiss chard frittata was actually loved by all, and included some added tarragon that really went nicely with both veggies. Given that I was never able to find a recipe for fennel tops, however, they made an appearance on our plates this week solely as a garnish, and that seemed kind of sad.
- The rapini with fusilli and sausage tasted good, but boy was it ugly...too much brown.