Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 43 - It Takes Two

Although I have much less time to cook these days, I'm still committed to using up as much of the box as possible each week.  In the past, I've often looked at the ingredients individually, trying to find recipes for the ingredients one by one.  This week it's all about efficiency, with the goal of using up two or more ingredients at the same time.  In addition to what was found in this week's box, I bought a bunch of fingerling potatoes at from another vendor from the farmer's market where we pick up our box.  Although I have a bunch of produce that at first glance doesn't necessarily go together, hopefully it's true that 'it takes two to make it outta sight.' 
In the box this week
(top) lettuce, dill, arugula, kale, spinach
(bottom) celery, bunching onions, apples, butternut squash, avocados, oranges

Meals/recipes for the week
Speaking of potatoes, poke me with a fork, because I'm done (figuratively, and literally).  
This week's title is inspired by the song Two by Ryan Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment