Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 40 - Where Do We Go from Here

Now that it's getting to the final stretch, I've been starting to think about what happens when the year is over.  I don't want to stop doing what I'm doing: we will certainly continue with our wonderful CSA, and I imagine that I will continue to plan our meals around it, I'm just not sure that I want to continue to document the entire process week after week.  So, I've been trying to think about ways that I could continue to highlight what we get in the box but in a less time intensive way.  I have a few ideas, and am hoping that I will land on something that makes sense in the next couple of months.  Until then, back to the ingredients at hand!

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, fennel, spinach, cilantro
(bottom) sugar snap peas, carrots, butternut squash, tomatillos, apples, tangerines, strawberries

Meals/recipes for the week
I was so excited to see tomatillos available today, so I traded out a couple of things from the box to get a couple of pounds.  Freshly-made, roasted tomatillo salsa is one of my absolute favorites, especially when it's still warm.  With all of this to make this week, it's time to get organized and go shopping.  Happy new year to all! 
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Jamiroquai.

No comments:

Post a Comment