Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 40 in Review

The Score
Eaters - 10     Compost - 0.5     Carry Over - 0.5

I've really been enjoying these first couple of weeks of the year.  We've been enjoying amazing weather, and there have been no after school commitments pulling us in a million directions.  The end result has been great time in the kitchen after school, with me cooking while working with the boys on third grade times tables.  We ate a lot of great meals this week, leaving only a tiny bit to go into the compost pile (a handful of spinach and a small bit of cilantro).  We have a bit of carrots left over, but I've got plans for those (see week 41). 

The Best

The Good
  • I really wanted this roasted tomatillo salsa to be amazing, and though it was good, the proportions were off.  I cut the jalapenos by half, but it was still so spicy that my kids wouldn't touch it.  It was also missing onions, even though the garlic was great.  I look forward to taking the basics of this recipe, and making my own version of roasted tomatillo salsa next week.
  • We ate the chopped salad (using lettuce, spinach, and carrots) with a nice turkey meatloaf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment