Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 30 - Other Plans

Perhaps it is just procrastination, but I've been having a hard time committing to recipes for this week.  I have the ingredients from the box and - after a bit of fall pantry cleaning and a survey of the backyard - a number of other ingredients lying around that I would like to try to use up.  So, rather than commit to recipes in advance, I want to take a more experimental approach this week.  While weekly planning serves its purpose most of the time, some of the time it takes the fun out of cooking, and it doesn't allow for as much 'what do I feel like eating/making today'.  I am quite sure that my lack of planning will require me to make at least one extra trip to the store.  I'm willing to give myself a week of experimentation, though, to see how it goes!

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, pumpkin
(bottom) avocados, cantaloupe, yellow grape tomatoes, squash, apples, grapes and beautiful wreath made by my CSA!

Even though I don't feel much like planning in advance, I will keep track of what we make and report back on the week's meals.  It's amazing to be at week 30 and - as we pull into this second half of the 'Year in a Box' - I want to try different approaches to ensure that this dedication to the creation of healthy family meals continues (even if my blog doesn't) past one year!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Gomez.

No comments:

Post a Comment