Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 27 - Ready, Able

Sometimes - in spite of one's best efforts - things don't always turn out as planned.  After a few rough weeks of blogging, I was getting things going and getting back into my groove when I dropped my camera and ruined the lens.  Part of the fun of all of this has been taking photos of the food, and being limited to my iPhone isn't quite resulting in the quality photos that I'd like to be sharing.  So, my apologies in advance.  Sooner or later I will find a camera shop and hopefully be able to get my lens fixed.  In the meantime, I guess that I had better be ready and able to work with what I've got.

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, carrots, kale, arugula, basil
(bottom) black eyed peas, avocados, tomatoes, apples, zucchini, strawberries, grapes

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: Grilled swordfish stuffed with Basil breadcrumbs, heirloom Tomato and Arugula salad (with tomatoes from the box and our garden), and a green salad with Lettuce, Red Carrots, Cucumber (from last week's box) and Avocado
Monday: Kale, potato and onion frittata with Zucchini, Red Carrot and banana bread (a repeat attempt at last week's disaster)
Tuesday: Grilled sausages with stewed Black-Eyed Peas
Wednesday: Fresh Strawberry pie for a evening celebration
Thursday: Chinese chicken salad with Lettuce and Carrots

It was pretty fun to unpack the kale from the box this week and have one of the boys say "Great... kale.  I love kale!"  In six months, this whole experience has really opened up all of our palates to much more than I could have ever imagined.  That kale is readily embraced - by both me now as well as at least one of my kids - feels like a huge accomplishment.
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Grizzly Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment