Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 28 - Push the Button

These days, I'm barely finding time to get my meal planning experiments written up.  All too often, I'm writing up one week while scrambling to put together a meal plan for the next.  This often happens on a tired Friday night or rushed Saturday morning, at which point one week's meals have been completed and the next week's are about to begin.  Since we don't pick up our CSA box until Saturday morning, I usually come back and add in the photo and put any finishing touches on the entry later that day.  Last week, however, I neglected to publish either Week 26's review or Week 27's meal plan after taking photos of the box.  So this week, I will all-at-once have four blog entries for my dear readers.  It really helps to remember to push the (publish) button.

In the box this week
 (top) lettuce, basil, cucumbers
(bottom) grapes, garlic, yellow tomatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, watermelon, avocados, apples

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: Tomato and Basil quiche with Watermelon mimosas for brunch
Monday: Veggie tacos with fresh guacamole (featuring Avocados, Tomato and Garlic)
Tuesday: night out with a friend to celebrate the completion of our nearly one-year-in-the-making school garden project!
Wednesday: Chopped salad (recipe attempts to recreate Pizzeria Mozza's delicious salad)
Thursday: Roasted Garlic pesto pork tenderloin with Zucchini fritters

My big focus this week is to get our family's fall garden planted.  This year's summer garden was a total bust, and I believe it was a combination of poor soil conditions (something that I can work to improve) with not enough sunlight (not much to do about that).  After starting nearly everything from seed for the first time, it was a very disappointing outcome.  But now that the school garden is built and ready for the kids to get planting, I want to get a jump start on what they'll plant by doing some planting at home.  This will be my first major attempt at a fall garden.  Here's hoping for better results than the summer!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Money Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment