The Eaters - 10.5 Compost - 0! Carry Over -0.5
If you are just tuning in, at the end of each week I provide a summary of how we did getting through the ingredients in the box. This week, we started with 11 ingredients.
Being at home with our (so far) very good puppy created a lot of time for cooking and enjoying our summery box. There were a few items not incorporated directly into our meals that ended up making a lovely juice, and heading into the weekend, we just have a single tomato left. Best week of using up the box yet! So, thanks to Olive (like the name?) for allowing me to keep up with the plan this week.
- The Green Bean, Arugula, potato salad - with a lemon yogurt dressing - was a fantastic summer salad. We could eat salad like this all summer long!
- Second runner up was definitely the Tomato basil quiche. Though I'm pretty sure that this is the first quiche that I've ever made, it actually turned out pretty much as anticipated. The tomatoes were delicious and almost made the quiche taste like it was filled with a savory sauce.
- Hard to go wrong with pizza when you have such lovely raw materials. We made one with gorgonzola, prosciutto and Arugula, and other with fresh Tomatoes on a pesto base.
- Nothing too fancy about this salad, but the Lemon Cucumbers were beautiful and tasty (and accompanied by Lettuce and Carrots from the box).
- Not much to look at, but I made a appetizing juice with Carrots and a 1/4 of the Yellow Watermelon from this week's box, as well as a leftover Grapefruit and (regular) Cucumber from last week's box.
- Not ready for prime time yet, but I have had the sauerkraut fermenting for five days now. It's quite an interesting process; particularly squishing the cabbage and finding how much liquid actually comes out. Looking forward to tasting it when it's ready!