Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 23 - Juicy

This past weekend, my husband and boys left to visit family on the East coast.  Between my garden building efforts and the new puppy, I ended up staying home for the week.  Given that I don't have to feed anyone but myself for the week - any humans, I should say - I decided it was finally time to do something that I've wanted to try for a while: a few days of juicing.  With the box, I had a good start on ingredients and I found a bunch of juice recipes online.  So, while there isn't much of a meal plan to share this week, I will plan to report back on the juice combinations that I liked the best at the end of the week.

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, kohlrabi, sorrel
(bottom) green beans, cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes, strawberries, cantaloupe

Meal plan for the week
Saturday & Sunday: Vegetarian meals - including mushroom ravioli with Green Beans - to prepare my body for the fiber fest to come
Monday through Friday: Juices (~5 different juices per day)

All the ingredients for my meals this week
(including the produce from our CSA box)... WOW!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Better Than Ezra.

No comments:

Post a Comment