Eaters - 10 Compost - 0.5 Carry Over - 0.5
It was a good week in the kitchen. I was able to make everything that I had planned, and only ended up losing a small bit of lettuce this week to the compost. We have a bit of celery left over, but have plans to use that up in a tomato sauce this weekend. The week also brought a lot of variety - from Irish, to Italian, to spins on Mexican and Indian. Wish every week could go this smoothly!
- We all really enjoyed the arugula pesto and sausage lasagna. It was the most complicated of the recipes made this week, so I tackled it on the weekend when I had a bit more time. The arugula made for a nice twist on traditional pesto, and the fresh tomatoes really livened up the sauce. A fantastic lasagna!
Tomato sauce in progress
Arugula pesto gets combined with ricotta
- It doesn't look fancy, but once a year, gotta love St. Patrick's Day dinner. With green cabbage and orange carrots from the box, and a variety of potatoes from the farmer's market, it certainly was a colorful plate.
- I started with a sauteed spinach and mushroom recipe, and then added it and some cotija cheese to whole wheat tortilla to make a lovely quesadilla.
- The curried cauliflower soup was quite simple, but very delicious. It allowed me to use up the entire head of cauliflower, as well as some left over potatoes that had been purchased for our St. Patrick's day meal.
All the veggies in the pot
The soup is served
- The kids didn't love the broccoli and red pepper gratin, but I thought it went perfectly with a turkey meatloaf dinner.