Eaters - 9.5 Compost - 0.5 Carry Over - 1 (on purpose)
Turns out our week of salads went quite well. We enjoyed a great variety of flavors and tastes, and the boys even enjoyed some ingredients that they normally might shy away from. Making only salads isn't an option given the ingredients in the box every week, but it did open my eyes to new options for many of the ingredients that frequently are featured in the box.
- The warm broccoli and chick pea salad made for a light, healthy lunch. Next time I'll make a full recipe's worth so there will be some left over for the rest of the family.
- The spinach salad with eggs and bacon had the boys happily munching - and then later asking, "this is spinach?"
- The so-called celery and cucumber salad featured a number of other veggies that made for a sweet and crunchy salad. I left out the relish as it seemed to be an odd addition, but added some leftover purple bunching onions from the previous week, instead.
- The arugula salad with lemon parmesan dressing was simple but delicious. I added a bit of butter lettuce given that we still had some to use up.
- We weren't the biggest fan of this kale salad, but it may be due to the fact that I didn't use the type of kale recommended by the recipe. Though I think this purple kale does better when cooked, I do hope to try other types of kale that we receive in future salad recipes.