Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week 26 - Half of Something Else

It's really quite hard to believe that I've been at this for half a year (or, just a little over...).  I've had a sick child for two weeks, two weeks that coincide with perhaps the busiest weeks of my life and less than perfect attention to what's been getting onto his plate.  Although most of my own chaos stemmed from volunteer efforts to build a garden so other little kids at his school can benefit from what we already do in our home and in our lives, there was a part of me that wondered if he continued to be sick because he wasn't getting the healthily-prepared, vegetable-heavy meals that had become the norm over the past six months.  I can't buy back those two weeks, but I am grateful that most of the heavy lifting associated with my volunteer commitments is done.  Now, I can get back to meal planning and the great meals that we've all come to know and love.  

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, cilantro
(bottom) avocados, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, apples, grapes, strawberries

Meal plan for the week
Sunday: burgers with roasted peppers and Tomatoes
Monday: night off for the big garden fundraiser!

Nothing in this week's box is a hard sell.  So now, it's all about getting it done in between soccer, baseball, swimming and the like.  Here's to getting back on track this week!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by The Airborne Toxic Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment