Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 25 - I Gotta Feeling

This week's box is presents a couple of challenges for me.  First off, I'm not sure that I've ever eaten black eyed peas, and I know that I've never prepared any thing that contained them.  I'm also not the biggest fan of eggplant, though the two eggplants that are in our box this week are the most beautiful that I've ever seen.  Still down an oven, there are a lot of recipes that aren't options for me this week until it gets repaired.  That said, I'm willing to give it a go with these challenging ingredients.  I gotta feeling it will work out all right.

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, black eyed peas, avocados, basil
(bottom) cantaloupe, onions, eggplant, tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes, apples, oranges

Meal plan for the week
Monday: Eggplant pasta salad (for a neighborhood block party)
Wednesday: Avocado-Orange salad with Romaine, bean & cheese burritos
Thursday: Evening out... taking a night off!

It's fun to watch the box start its transition into the fall: apples in particular are very exciting to see!  With every 'new' ingredient comes new opportunities to experiment both in the kitchen, and at the table, and that is what this process and blog is all about.  Curious to see what our favorites will be for this week!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by The Black Eyed Peas... I know, totally cheesy!

No comments:

Post a Comment