One more week until I hopefully will come for air from some insanely busy work projects, so it wasn't looking so good for me to get a lot of cooking done this week. Luckily for me, I've got my husband on the hook to make a few different meals this weekend so he may do most of the heavy lifting this week. Though he loves to cook and in the past often did most of the weekend's cooking, work has also gotten in the way of his hobby. I'm very glad timing has worked out well for him to have some playtime this weekend. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the end results!
In the box this week
(top) lettuce, tatsoi, spinach, kale
(bottom) parsnips, carrots, onions, butternut squash, oranges, apples, peas, strawberries
Meals/recipes for the week
- Roasted pork loin with parsnips, carrots, and butternut squash
- Slow cooker black bean soup with carrots and kale, and last week's celery carry over and cilantro
- Wok sauteed tatsoi, onions, and chicken
- Orecchiette with caramelized onions and peas
- Spinach, orange and almond salad
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Ryan Adams.