Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 33 - Fall

When you've got one soup already made in the fridge, one hand on a butternut squash, the other hand on a soup pot, and yet another soup recipe going through your mind, I guess it's safe to call it fall.  The temperatures have dipped, and the ingredients in the box are definitely supportive of my focus on soup making.  Over the past couple of weeks, I've been making soups for lunches and dinners, and am planning to make at least another couple of soups this week.  Given that it's also nearing Thanksgiving, I may try to carry over at least one item in the box (yams!) in the hopes of using it for a turkey day recipe. 

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, celery, carrots, spinach
(middle) pumpkin, avocados, yams, radishes, apples, persimmons
(bottom) butternut squash, fresh thyme, marjoram, rosemary and sage

Meals/recipes for the week
As I sit and finish writing this, one soup is done, and I'm getting really excited for the rest of the week.  There are so many amazing recipes out there to try, and with so many amazing ingredients at my fingertips, I can't wait! 
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Miles Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment