Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 32 - Fever

Time in the kitchen is a luxury when you've got one or more sick kids.  I've got a wicked fever working its way through my house right now and while it hasn't hit me (yet?), it's unclear how much time I'll have to spend making meals.  So, other than one complicated meal that my husband is planning to make, I'm keeping things fairly simple this week and designed primarily for grown up eating.  With sick ones to take care of - and who likely won't be eating a lot of solid meals anyway - simple makes a lot of sense this week.

In the box this week
(top) lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, cilantro
(bottom) green beans, zucchini, apples, persimmons, avocados, grape tomatoes, pumpkin

Meals/recipes for the week
I'm hoping these very healthy meals will keep my immune system at the top of its game.  There is never a good time to get sick, and I'm really hoping my time can be spent in the kitchen versus bed!
This week's title is inspired by the song of the same name by Peggy Lee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment